Sunday, April 1, 2007

Week 1

Well here it is one week of working "This Flattering Glass". It is such a talented group, with such a passion to create. Sometimes I feel a little over whelmed, that I am not further along in my work. So I have to remind myself it has only been a week. Our Director has a different way of directing, and alot of what he does comes from the actors themselves. It is so different to be able to create our own characters from how we see them in relation to the other characters and their position in the story.
This play is coming along extremely well. Everyone is learning and contributing, It is truly a group effort.
This is my first attempt at doing Shakespeare, and I find that I struggle with the lines as it is soooo different from the way we talk, but slowly it is starting to come, and gets easier every time.
We still have almost a month before we put this up to the public and I know it is going to rock. Thank you everyone in the cast and especially Lisa for all her hard work and the invaluable help she gives.
This is going to be AWESOME!!!!