Friday, April 13, 2007

Vive le Bullshit? no shit!

Reading these posts, one may begin to wonder if there isn't perhaps some measure of rosy glasses going on, or maybe there is some whitewash on the fence? Vive le bullshit after all..
Well, the answer is no. The picture is what it is, no whitewash needed.
It really is going as well as described. What I think is being expressed is that it is going better than many of us expected...maybe? I know I had high expectations and that so far I've not only NOT been disappointed, but pleasantly surprised most of the time.
It really is no accident. The folks involved were asked and agreed to become a part of this production BECAUSE of their focused dedication. Theater Ventoux is a creative, fun, challenging, explorative, safe environment/process within which we can bring that focus to bear. (a synonym for press...hmmm) So everyone feels free to bring what they have into this environment and we play with all these ideas and keep what feels good and work past what feels difficult. And throughout this process we are encouraged and given tools to use to further our exploration.
As to my personal experience...WOW!!! I thought I had peaked - maybe plateaued - after Tuesday night (running Act 1 Mon. & Act 2 Tues.) but after Wednesday's work I am able to distill the essence of Bushy down to the core and fill myself with that essence. For me this has been - continues to be (6 more changes) a very effective process of creative development and that is hugely satisfying.
Vive le bullshit? no shit!