Saturday, April 7, 2007

The Play IS the thing

If you're reading this, then you are among the many already buzzing about this show. I am truly amazed to hear how many people know that this amazing production will take the stage at the end of the month.
With all the work, emotion and dedication this cast is putting forward... this is already one of the most memorable acting experiences of my career. To watch these actors bring life to this show and to see them showcase their abundance of skills is inspiring, to say the least.
So often actors can focus on the end result. How did you like the show? What did you think of that scene? That, too will be the case for this show I'm sure. But, it is not often one can focus on the process to bring you to your end point. With this show EVERY gathering brings new directions and new options. That can only add to what will, without question, be a much talked-about night of theatre.
And I must say I am King in character only. To be in the presence of this cast, I am truly a humble subject. And for them I simply say, "thanks my countrymen, my loving friends."