Saturday, April 14, 2007

An Open Thank You...


as of last night we concluded the first major phase of our rehearsals for "this flattering glass." the language, relationship, emotion, action, and character exploration is done (inasmuch as those things are ever truly "done.") and, while i had absolute faith in the ventoux process , it was always the actors themselves who would prove my faith warranted.

and i now find it "all unpossible" to voice the humility and honor that i have felt in their presence for the last three weeks. they are Actors! each of them, renee, dave, hal, stephen, jessica, ron, rj, arthur, melissa, julia, rene, and matt, in their own way and to their own degree, have taken what i was confident would be a workable and useful tool for actors, and demonstrated, nightly, what Will and Dedication can accomplish when melded with Craft.

as we enter the final shaping phase of rehearsals, let me simply thank you for all you have done, and for all that i know you will continue to do.

and to alissa: thank you for joining our merry troupe and for your enthusiasm, professionalism and dedication. hell, girl, you scare me...and that's just what a good stage manager should do.

and my darling lisa, my partner, my touchstone, my wife, my Love: none of this is possible without you. more importantly, without you, none of it matters.

etonne-moi
gt