Saturday, March 31, 2007

First Week

This first week of rehearsals was absolutely amazing. We've accomplished so much, I feel like we've been rehearsing for weeks. It's magic, there's no other other word for it. Completely magical. This group of people came together with no qualms, no arrogance, no competition, and, by working together, is producing a beautiful piece of theatre. I've been in plays where people are in them just to add another show to their resumes, to see their names on a program and flyer, to belittle others because they could attain a part where they get more stage time, etc. With this group of people I don't see any of that happening, and I would like to thank every one of my fellow actors for giving it their all since day one. We truly are an ensemble cast; we're helping the "cause:" to do "something wonderful," and we are! I can't wait till we've memorized our lines, it's just going to get better. There's no way but up from here!!!