Friday, March 2, 2007

Viva le Bullshit!!!

Yay! Tonight we open this monster, and I feel blessed to be a part of it.
To everyone who has given their time and dedication to this project: I thank you, for giving me confidence again, for teaching me things just by being yourselves and for the infectious joy that happens every time we've gotten together and played.

Our rehearsal process has been amazing. I personally can't stand it when I'm not given room to explore because how do you now what feels right until you've tried it? In the midst of our searching and exploring, I was constantly surprised by what would pop up, seemingly out of nowhere. And to finally allow myself to feel something I knew was patiently waiting to come out, in such a safe environment, was a joy, not just for the character, but for me as a person who is still experiencing life on the outside of the theatre walls.
That brings me to another wonderful point: the safety. It is rare to work with a group of actors where you truly feel safe to become vulnerable. Many times at rehearsal I feel like I'm constantly auditioning, proving why I'm there in the first place. Competitive and inhibiting. But I felt as though I trust every other soul in the room, a respect for each others' talents and humanity.

It's going to be hard to let go of this one. A part of me wishes we could still meet as a group, to work and learn. The most important thing it has been is fun. It's been fun! I was starting to forget that it could be.

So yeah ... break a leg tonight, everyone!!! Much love...
Viva le Bullshit!
*end scene*