Wednesday, October 17, 2007

So.... Here we are again...

This being my second experience with the Theatre Ventoux process I find myself taking more from the Tune-Ups than I had with "This Flattering Glass." I really love the Tune-Ups because it gives me a chance to let my world melt away and allow for my creative process to come forth. It doesn't matter what I come into the rehearsal space carrying or weighting on my mind, as soon as we focus on our breathing and start playing with the Space Ball, the world as I know it disappears for the next 3 hours and I am in the zone. It's a mini vacation from my life and playing in a life I am portraying.

"Childe Byron" is an intense, touching, and kick in the pants show that is so much fun to perform. I am loving this group of actors, most of which I've performed with before and some I've never worked with before. It really is a good range of talent.

Tonight we are to be off book. The dreaded time period (I'm sure you heard the do-do-dooooooooo music and a scream in the background) as the actors rush to make sure they know their lines better than they did last night. I spent the weekend camping and sitting by the fire memorizing my script, yes even when the drinks were getting passed around, I was memorizing my script. It's strange what we are willing to do for our art, isn't it?

I know that this week of rehearsal will be a little clunky, but that is to be expected. We are getting off book rather quickly, but I can't wait to get it out of my hands and really be able to act. I especially can't wait to further develop a particular character I am playing, knowing that it's going to be an amazing connection.

So for now, I'll be walking around my office, waltz stepping (I'll let another actor talk about the Waltz Rehearsal), memorizing and speaking in a British accent as much as I can. :-)

VLB!
AL