Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Dedication or Insanity?

Our cast was awesome last night. They went above and beyond the call of duty.

A storm knocked out the power at our regular rehearsal space (Greg's classroom) so we chose to have everyone to the house to run lines. This was no ordinary storm. Torrential rain, hail, wind, sheets of lightning, downed trees, flooded streets. Did that stop the "Childe Byron" cast? Nope. It took some of them a while, but they all made it safe and sound. Their steadfast loyalty and remarkable courage were duly rewarded with a huge bag of Halloween candy.

Another example of dedication or insanity: I have taken the role of Ada. I have three weeks to learn the lines. Greg has stepped in and is doing some of the directorial duties. Nora has joined us as Assistant Stage Manager. Acting was the last thing I wanted to do right now. My emotional pendulum swings between fear and anger. Work is really stressful right now (emotionally and mentally) and I am exhausted all the time. There is, though, a part of me that is so excited.


Lisa