Sunday, February 4, 2007

We Have a Cast!!!!!

"This Flattering Glass" is a go! We've found the perfecct actor for each part and, after a few missteps, the vision and the reality are the same.

I find my thoughts going back to summer, when the idea of staging Richard II was nothing more than wishful thinking. In the earliest stages of preproduction we made some unofficial casting choices; as time went on, circumstances necessitated changes. Naturally, there were actors who were not pleased with the new direction we took. Interestingly, though, the most vocal dissenters were people who aren't even members of the company whose primary objective (in my never to be humble opinion) was to make us look bad. We were able to put our the most pressing fires but realized that rumor control is a full-time job neither of us wants. So, the rumor mill continues to turn.....

Enough negativity! It's time to wake up the Muse! Soon we start rehearsing for Rogue, and we've added some new actors to the mix (thank you Ms. Snow!), then jump into "TFG." I can't wait!

The best part of this experience so far has been the great people who have come into our lives. To all of you: you continually give me insight and inspiration. Let me cook you dinner!

To the casts of both shows: you are a tremendous group of artists and I am so proud you are joining us. Together we will make magic!

:*

lisa